Amaretti-Almond Stuffed Peaches
This is a traditional Italian dessert from Piedmont (Piemonte). It is a light and delicious way to end any dinner. These tasty stuffed peaches are best served at room temperature with a whipped cream or Mascarpone cream.
- 4 firm ripe peaches
- 30 ml butter (2 tbsp)
- 50g toasted finely chopped almonds
- 30 ml sugar (2tbsp, to taste)
- 1 egg yolk
- 50g amaretti biscuits, crushed
- 2+2 tbsp ml liqueur Amaretto Disaronno
- 5 drops natural almond extract
- Preheat oven to180°C.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the stone. Using a melon baler or small spoon, carefully remove a little of the pulp to create a small indentations to hold the filling.
- Hot the fry pan with 2 tbsp of butter. Place the chopped pulp and stirring from time to time cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer the pulp with butter to a small bowl, add the sugar, almond extract, 2 tbsp of Amaretto, chopped almonds, lightly beaten yolk, and crashed amaretti biscuits (reserve a bit for garnish), gently stir mixture.
- Fill each peach half with spoonfuls of the almond mixture.
- Place the peaches in an ovenproof greased dish, drizzle with remaining liqueur over the top, and bake for a further 20-30 minutes.
- 200 g mascarpone (cream cheese,)
- 100 g crème fraiche (sour cream)
- 3 tbsp icing sugar (to taste)
- 3 tbsp liqueur Amaretto Disaronno
- Chill sour cream and mascarpone at least for 30 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in a chilled bowl. With electric beater, whisk sour cream, liqueur, mascarpone, sugar and extract until soft peaks form. Chill for 1 hour.
- Garnish peaches with a bit of crashed amaretti and serve with mascarpone cream.