Grapefruit cinnamon milk mousse
This is a quick, delicious and low in calorie desert. You can replace cinnamon with vanilla or grapefruit with orange, anyway is fine.
- 350 ml - milk
- 100 ml - whipping cream 33% fat
- 2 Tbsp of sugar powder
- 2 Tbsp of Maizena corn starch
- ½ of a cinnamon stick (5cm)
- 1 egg
- 1 yolk
- 2 large (or 3 medium size) grapefruits
- 100 ml - sugar
- 400 ml – Brandy (Cognac)
- Peel the grapefruits, spread onto slices and remove the pellicle, then put them into a bowl.
- Mix sugar and brandy, pour into the bowl with grapefruit slices, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Beat an egg with milk, add sugar, cornstarch and cream. Pour the mixture into a pot., heat it up and add a cinnamon stick. Stirring the mixture, bring it to boil, then reduce heat, (do not stop stirring), keep it on fire for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Remove the mixture from heat, slightly cool it, and remove the cinnamon stick, pour into cups. Keep refrigerated for at least 3 hours.
- Take the mousse out, serve with brandy, grapefruit slices and juice. You can also add up some mint leaves.
You can use any liquor instead of brandy, basing on your personal preferences. I think Marinated in Campari grapefruits would be a good choice. If you choose to use brandy, you better warm it up then mix with sugar. If, for some reason, you cannot use cinnamon, you can replace it with vanilla. Take a vanilla bean, break in two halves, place into the milk mixture and boil. Remove the vanilla bean from the ready mixture, scrape the flesh with a knife, add into the milk mixture and stir. It is important to keep in mind that while you are boiling the milk mixture, it is necessary to whisk it intensively. It is better to do it with a mixer.